Statement of editorial policies
The IJBED is a scholarly and refereed journal that provides an authoritative source of information for scholars, academicians and professionals in the fields of business and economic development. The journal promotes the advancement, understanding and practice of business & economic development. Manuscripts offering theoretical, conceptual and practical contributions are encouraged.
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Business and Economic Development (IJBED) publishes original research papers relating to all aspects of contemporary economic ideas. The emphasis is on quantitative or analytical work, which is novel and relevant. The interaction between empirical work and economic policy is an important feature of the journal. Contributions should offer constructive ideas and analysis, and highlight the lessons to be learned from the experiences of different nations, societies, and economies. The journal plans to provide a valuable appraisal of economic policies worldwide. Therefore, the analysis should be challenging and at the forefront of current thinking, however articles are to be presented in non-technical language to make them readily accessible to readers outside of the related disciplines.
The Journal is peer reviewed and international in scope. We encourage contributions from around the globe, with special emphasis on developing countries including the transition economies. IJBED’s aim is not only to serve as a link between theorists and practitioners, but also to build a bridge between economists and their colleagues in related fields. While the level of the International Journal of Business and Economic Development is academic, the materials presented are of value to policy-makers and researchers, especially those in developing countries. IJBED encourages young researchers to submit their work. The journal will also organize special issues to emphasize new research directions. The journal includes empirical, conceptual and methodological articles in the fields of economic development, economic growth, institutional economics, open economy macroeconomics and international finance, social choice and political economics, and behavioral economics
- Economic development
- Behavioural Economics
- FDI, Free trade – theory and practice
- Economic History
- Globalisation, liberalisation and development
- Financial Institutions & Markets
- Fiscal policy
- Financial services
- Industrial Organisations
- International economics & trade
- International finance
- Macroeconomic parameters and growth
- Micro economics
- Microfinance and development
- Monetary policy
- Public policy economics
- Regional economics
- Inclusive growth
- Institutions, and economic development
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Microfinance and development
- Multinational enterprises and business strategy
Formal condition of acceptance
- Papers will only be published in English.
- Each typescript must be accompanied by a statement that it has not been submitted for publication elsewhere in English.
- Previous presentation at a conference, or publication in another language, should be disclosed.
- All papers are refereed, and the Editor-in-Chief reserves the right to refuse any manuscript, whether on invitation or otherwise, and to make suggestions and/or modifications before publication.
- IJBED only accepts and publishes articles for which authors have agreed to release under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Licence (CCAL) version “CC BY 3.0. Please note that authors retain ownership of the copyright for their article, but authors allow anyone to download, reuse, and reprint, modify, distribute, and/or copy articles in IJBED, so long as the original authors are source are cited. No permission is required from the authors or the publishers.
- IJBED shall furnish authors of accepted papers with proof for the correction of printing errors. The proof shall be returned within 14 days of receiving the suggested corrections. IJBED shall not be held responsible for errors which are the result of authors' oversights
- IJBED is committed to publish all full text articles online for immediate open access to readers and there is no charge to download articles and editorial comments for their own scholarly use.
- Papers are only accepted for consideration for publication on receipt of a sign declaration by the author/authors that their paper is free of plagiarism.
Peer Review Process
IJBED places great emphasis on the quality of the articles it publishes; and therefore, a full double - blind reviewing process is used in which:
- Subject to the condition that the paper submitted is in line with the guidelines provided for authors the editor will review its suitability given the scope, aims and objectives of the journal.
- If the outcome is positive the paper will be sent for blind reviews to two subject specialist reviewers.
- Decision will be taken as to the acceptability of the paper on the basis of the recommendations of the reviewers.
- Should further revision be found necessary it will be communicated to the author accordingly.
- Based on the final outcome of above the date of publication will be decided and acceptance letter to be issued to the author(s).
- For papers which require changes, the same reviewers will be used to ensure that the quality of the revised article is acceptable.