Oil Revenue, Investment, GDP, financing, Economic stability.
This paper aims to conduct analysis of the impact of Oil Revenue and its relationship with all factors that affect growth in domestic product and also focuses on investment opportunity and economic growth in Saudi Arabia which has made the country an increasingly attractive destination of investment for foreign investors.
Full Text : PDF
- Abdel-Rahman, A-M. M. 2001. Economic Diversification in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Paper presented to the ESCWA meeting on “Diversification in the Arab World”, Beirut. -2003.
- Abu-Eiderm," factors of economic growth in Palastine" An empirical analysis during (1994-2013), international journal of business and economic development ,London, vol(2), No(2), July2014, PP70-80
- Aitken, B. and Harrison, A. E. 1999. Do Domestic Firms Benefit from Direct Foreign Investment? American Economic Review.
- Ajami, R. A. and BarNiv, R. 1984. Utilizing Economic Indicators in Explaining Foreign Investment in the U.S. Management International Review, 24(4): 16-26.
- Aliber, R. Z. 1970. A Theory of Foreign Direct Investment. in C. Kindleberger (ed.) “The International Corporation”, MIT Press Cambridge, MA.
- Bajo-Rubio, O. and Sosvilla-Rivero, S. 1994. An Econometric Analysis of Foreign Direct Investment in Spain, 1964-1989. Southern Economic Journal, 61(1):104-20.
- Barro, R. and Sala-i-Martin, X. 1995. Economic Growth. McGraw-Hill, Cambridge.
- Blomstrom, M, Lipsey, R. E. and Zejan, M. 1996. Is Foreign Investment the Key to Economic Growth? The Quarterly Journal of Economics, 111: 269-76.
- Borensztein, E., De Gregorio, J. and Lee, J-W. 1998. How does Foreign Direct Investment Affect Economic Growth? Journal of International Economics, 45: 115-35.
- Braunerhjelm, P. and Svensson, R. 1996. Host Country Characteristics and Agglomeration in Foreign Direct Investment. Applied Economics, 28: 833-40.
- Chein-Hsun, C. 1996. Regional Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment in Mainland China. Journal of Economics, 23(2).
- Davidson, W. H. 1980. The Location of Foreign Direct Investment Activity: Country Characteristics and Experience Effects. Journal of International Business Studies, 12: 9-22.
- De Mello, L. R. 1997. Foreign Direct Investment in Developing Countries and Growth: A Selective Survey. Journal of Development Studies, 34(1):1-34.
- Dunning, J. H. 1993. Multinational Enterprises and the Global Economy, Addison-Wesley, Reading.
- Economic Bureau. 1998. The Saudi Economic Offset Program, JIME Review. Japan, 11(39): 49-102.
- Ericsson, J. and Irandoust, M. 2001. On the Causality Between Foreign Direct Investment and Output: A Comparative Study. The International Trade Journal, 15(1): 1-26.
- Grosse, R. and Trevino, L. J. 1996. Foreign Direct Investment in the United States: An Analysis by Country of Origin. Journal of International Business Studies, 27(1): 139-55.
- Grossman, G. M. and Helpman, E. 1991. Innovation and Growth in the Global Economy, MIT Press, Cambridge, MA.
- Jeon, Y. D. 1992. The Determinants of Korean Foreign Direct Investment in Manufacturing Industries. Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv, 128: 527-41.
- Kaldor, Nicholas (1957), “A Model of Economic Growth”, The Economic Journal, 47 (268): 591–624.
- Kayed, Rasem N. and M. Kabir Hassan (2011), “Saudi Arabia’s Economic Development: Entrepreneurship as a Strategy”, International Journal of Islamic and Middle Eastern Finance and Management, 4 (1): 52–73.
- Kokko, A. 1996. Productivity Spillovers from Competition Between Local Firms and Foreign Affiliates. Journal of International Development, 8: 517-30.
- Kumar, N. 1994. Determinants of Export Orientation of Foreign production by US Multinationals: An Inter-country Analysis. International Business Studies, 25(1): 141-56.
- Loree, D. W. and Guisinger, S. E. 1995. Policy and Non-Policy Determinants of US Equity Foreign Direct Investment. Journal of International Business Studies, 26(2): 281-300.
- Markusen, J. R. and Venables, A. J. 1999. Foreign Direct Investment as a Catalyst for Industrial Development. European Economic Review, 43:335-56.
- Mehrara, Mohsen (2007), “Energy – GDP Relationship for Oil-Exporting Countries: Iran, Kuwait and Saudi Arabia”, OPEC Energy Review, 31 (1): 1–16.
- Ministry of Industry and Electricity. 2000. Statistical Bulletin. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh.
- Ministry of Planning. 2001. Achievements of the Development Plans. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh.
- National Center for Economic and Financial Information. 2000. Annual Report. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh.
- Saudi Arabian General Investment Authority (SAGIA). 2014. Database. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh.
- Saudi Arabian Monetary Agency (SAMA). 2001. Annual Report. Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Riyadh.
- Van Loo, F. 1977. The Effects of Foreign Direct Investment on Investment in Canada. Review of Economics and Statistics, 474-81.
- Wei, Y. and Liu, X. 2001. Foreign Direct Investment in China, Determinants and Impact. Edward Elgar, U.K.