Entrepreneurial competencies, SMEs, Psychological contract, Outsourcing, Egypt
This study aims to study the entrepreneurial competencies, international outsourcing relationship components and SME performance factors, and to develop a model to test the relationship between entrepreneurial competencies and Psychological contracting of outsourcing, between outsourcing relationship and Small and medium enterprises performance. Finally, it seeks to identify the effect of Psychological contracting on the relationship between the entrepreneurial competencies and Small and medium enterprises Performance. The Study was conducted on SMEs in IT sector, which constitute the whole bulk of the industry. A questionnaire was administrated and the results did a relationship between the above-mentioned variables with varying degrees of importance.
Full Text : PDF
- Bolton, J.E. (1971). ‘Report of the Committee of Enquiry on small firms’. Bolton Report Cmnd. 4811. London: HMSO.
- Watson, J. Everett, J. (1993), ‘Defining Small Business Failure’, International Small Business Journal, Vol.11, No.3, pp. 35-48.
- Hughes, Cosh, A. and Weeks M. (2000), ‘The Relationship between Training and Employment, Growth in Small and Medium-sized Enterprises’, Centre for Business Research and Dept of Applied Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Campell, K. (2003), Smarter Ventures: a survivor’s guide to venture capital through the new cycle, London: FT-Prentice hall.
- Mccloy, U.A., Campbell, J. P. and Cudeck, R. (1994), ‘A confirmatory test of a model of Performance. Determinants’, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 79, pp. 493 – 503.
- Baum, J.R. and Locke, E.A. (2004), ‘The relationship of entrepreneurial traits, skills and motivation to subsequent venture growth’, Journal of Applied Psychology, Vol. 83, No.4, pp.587-89.
- Man T., Lau, C. and Chan, T. (2002) the competitiveness of small and medium enterprises: A conceptualization with focus on entrepreneurial competencies, Journal of Business Venturing, Vol. 17, and No.2. pp. 123–142
- Gottschalk, P., and Solli-Sæther, H. (2006),’Maturity model for IT outsourcing relationships’, Industrial Management & Data Systems, Vol. 106, No.2 . pp. 200 – 212.
- Christine, K. Soon, Ang., and Detmar W, S. (2004), ‘IT Outsourcing Success: A Psychological Contract Perspective Information Systems Research’, Information Systems Research, Vol 15, No. 4, pp. 356–373.
- Hudson, M., Smart, A., and Bourne, M. (2001),’Theory and practice in SME: performance measurement systems’, International Journal of Operations & Production Management, Vol. 21, No.8, pp. 1096-1115.
- Kim, R, D. Cheon, J, M. Beugré, D, C. and Coverdale, K, T. (2003) ‘Information Systems Outsourcing: Exploration on the impact of Outsourcing service Providers’ service quality’. IACIS 2003, p. 143 – 148.
- Lu, Jane, W. and Beamish, Paul, W. (2001), ‘The internationalization and performance of SMEs’, Strategic Management Journal, Vol. 22, No.6-7, pp. 565–586.