Global. Financial, Crisis, Marketing, Banking, Islamic
The aim of this research is to assess the level of involvement of NBK & KFH banks in marketing activities. an attempt will also be made to analyze the recent developments in the marketing activities of the banks. Critical marketing factors in the industry will be identified and the level of preparations of the Kuwaiti banks to meet the challenges ahead will be evaluated and provide protection against risks. The crisis revealed that there is no alternative to the banking system in the implementation of the policies and observance of the fact that banking system represents a lifeline the economy. Islamic banking and finance activities are expected to grow even more rapidly in the foreseeable future providing sophisticated products and financial services. Based on our research, we think that it is very important to Islamic banks in Kuwait to pursue diversification by giving more focus to profit-loss- sharing financing instruments like Moradabad and Mishawaka. This will support the ethical and social expected role of Islamic finance industry.
Full Text : PDF
- Schaik ,Diederik van (2001): Islamic Banking A scientific paper in The Arab Bank Review Journal Vol. 3, No. 1 - April 2001
- Srairi ,Samir Abderrazek (2009): Factors Influencing the Profitability of Conventional and Islamic Commercial Banks in GCC Countries Scientific Paper presented to the Review of Islamic Economics, Vol. 13, No. 1, 2009, pp. 5–30.
- Ahmad, Mareyah Mohammad, and Pandey, Dayanand (2010): Are Islamic banks better immunized than Conventional banks in the current economic crisis? A scientific research paper presented to 10th Global Conference on Business & Economics – Rome, Italy (ISBN: 978-0-9830452-1-2)
- Hruzova ,Barbara (2009): Marketing Strategies during Financial Crisis Master Thesis presented to Halmstad University – Sweden
- Hassan ,Dr.Abu (2011): The Global Financial Crisis and Islamic Banking A scientific research paper presented to the Islamic Economics Unit, The Islamic Foundation, UK.
- ZIYADAT ,NASER AL (2010 )Islamic versus conventional banks in Kuwait ,competitiveness analysis,
- Vachowiak ,Connie. L (2006), cost benefit analysis of marketing efforts in a bank. http://www2.uwstout.edu/content/lib/thesis/2006/2006vachowiakc.pdf
- Addawe ,Salad (2012): What are the impacts of the global financial crisis on Islamic banking and how Islamic bank spared from the crisis? Master's thesis presented to Aalto University – USA ,