Hazard Analysis Model; Jeddah Municipality; Risk Index
The aim of this paper is improve Jeddah Municipality effectiveness and efficiency through using risk index based methodology in decision making in order to develop strategies, policies, and plans to deal with city issues and problems. Risks were prioritized according to their significance in terms of likelihood, consequences, and effects in light of the municipality’s stakeholders. It is found that real estate market control by expatriate, increasing in traffic accidents, the presence of factories and workshops in the residential areas, and abandoned buildings, as well as proliferation of street vendors were the most hazards that of importance to city’s stakeholders
Full Text : PDF
- Al-Momani, N. (2009). Application for Earthquake Consequence Model in Jordan: Improving Earthquake Crisis Management Capability for Jordan. AlHUSON University Journal of Engineering and Applied Science, 2( 2 / 3).
- Chang, Man-Ling; Wu, Wann-Yih (2012).Revisiting Perceived Risk in the Context of Online Shopping: An Alternative Perspective of Decision-Making Styles. PSYCHOLOGY & MARKETING, 29(5), 378-400. doi: 10.1002/mar.20528
- Gregory, R.; Harstone, M.; Rix, G. J.; et al. (2012). Seismic Risk Mitigation Decisions at Ports: Multiple Challenges, Multiple Perspectives .NATURAL HAZARDS REVIEW, 13(1), 88-95. doi: 10.1061/(ASCE)NH.1527-6996.0000043
- Jiang Yan-ping; Pan En (2012).On the Method for Selecting New Product Development Programs Regarding Risk Attitude of Decision Makers.Journal of Northeastern University (Natural Science), 33(5), 748-51, 756
- Khazaeni, Garshasb; Khanzadi, Mostafa; Afshar, Abas (2012).Fuzzy adaptive decision making model for selection balanced risk allocation.INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF PROJECT MANAGEMENT, 30(4), 511-522. doi: 10.1016/j.ijproman.2011.10.003
- Momani, Naill and Ayman S. Fadil (2010).Changing Public Policy Due to Saudi City of Jeddah Flood Disaster.Journal of Social Sciences, 6 (3), 424-428.
- Momani, Naill (2011). Integrated Framework for Earthquake Consequences Management.Disaster Prevention and Management An International Journal, 20(3), 314-333.
- Pate-Cornell, E (2002).Risk and uncertainty analysis in government safety decisions.RISK ANALYSIS, 22(3), 633-646. doi: 10.1111/0272-4332.00043
- Patrick X. W. Zou, Guomin Zhang, Jiayuan Wang (2007). Understanding the key risks in construction projects in China.International Journal of Project Management, 25, 601-614
- Sjoberg, L (2001). Political decisions and public risk perception .RELIABILITY ENGINEERING & SYSTEM SAFETY, 72(2), 115-123. doi: 10.1016/S0951-8320(01)00012-6
- Thekdi, Shital A.; Lambert, James H. (2012).Decision Analysis and Risk Models for Land Development Affecting Infrastructure Systems.RISK ANALYSIS, 32(7), 1253-1269. doi: 10.1111/j.1539-6924.2011.01719.x