Millennium Development; Sustainable Development, Equality of Opportunity, Inclusive Economic Growth, Deprived People, The United Nations
This paper aims to present the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) for the general inclusive growth of the world and Bangladesh in particular. With the passing of time, the world economy and economic systems have been changing rapidly in order to reach the development facilities of the deprived people living in the world. For this, the United Nations and world leaders have undertaken Millennium Development Goals to reduce the extreme economic hardship of the deprived people living there. Based upon MDGs, the Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh has undertaken Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to reduce the extreme poverty of the people living in Bangladesh. The study is mainly based on secondary information. Data have been collected from different publications from the United Nations, different websites, and institutional publications.
During analysis of the collected data, it is seen that the steps undertaken by the Government of Bangladesh to reduce extreme poverty have become effective and the economic development of Bangladesh has been moving towards sustainability because the deprived section of people has started improving their lives and to some extent starts entering into development opportunities available in Bangladesh.
Full Text : PDF
- Brundtland Gro, Hartem, (1987) From Wikipedia, https://en wikipedia.org/wiki/our_common_future
- Millennium Development Report-2015, United Nations
- UNCTAD (2015), Improving Market Access for the Least Developed Countries in the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development Post 2015 Policy.
- Focus 2030.org/what are the sustainable development goals?
- Eisenmenger, N., Pichler, M., et al (2020), The Sustainable Development Goals Prioritize Economic Growth Over Sustainable Resource Use: A Critical Reflection on the SDGs from a Socio-Ecological Perspective, Sustain Sci 15, 1161-1110, https://doi.org/10.1007/511625-020-00813-x
- World Health Organization, https://www.who.int>Newsroom>Fact sheets>Details
- United Nations, https://www.un.org>ecosoc>docs>book2011pdf
- Asian Development Bank, https://www.adb.org>files>mdg-introductionPDF
- Iryna, K. and Ana, N., et al, (2023), Education and the UN Development Goals Project, Journal of Research in International Education, Online ISSN:1741-2943, https://doi.org/10.1177/14752409221088942
- Amanullah, A, M, Millennium Development Goals: A blueprint for Building a Better World for all children everywhere in the 21st century, East West University, Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Arafath, J, (2022), Challenges Ahead to Sustainable Development in Bangladesh: A Concern for Future Generation, International Journal of Sustainable Development Research, No 8, Vol. 2, pp 33-40