Good practice achievement; Corporate image; Stakeholder acceptance
This article is about the effects of good practice achievement on stakeholder acceptance. The study examines the relationship between good practice achievement and stakeholder acceptance, where corporate image is taken as a mediator. The samples were 486 chief executive officers (CEO) who participated in the national agro processing industry of Thailand. The ordinary least squares (OLS) regression analysis was employed for data analysis. The findings show that good practice achievement, in which consists of fairness, transparency, accountability, responsibility, consistency, and independent, have the positive effect on corporate image significantly (p<0.1). Interestingly, corporate image mediates the relationship between good practice achievement and stakeholder acceptance significantly (p<0.05). Therefore, a key decision for managers in all levels and functions is to focus on good practice achievement that improves and develops corporate image and boost stakeholder acceptance.
Full Text : PDF
- Angelou GN, Economides AA. (2014). "Investment flexibility and competition modeling for broadband business." Telecommunications Policy, 38(5–6), 438-48.
- Arora, A., A. Fosfuri. (2003). Licensing the market for technology. Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization 1522, 1-19.
- Asker, David A. Kumar, V. and Day George S., (2001) Marketing Research, New York: John Wiley and Sons.
- Black DC, Wallbrink PJ, Jordan PW. (2014). "Towards best practice implementation and application of models for analysis of water resources management scenarios." Environmental Modelling & Software, 52:136-48.
- Chu W-K, Yang N-T, Yang S-Y. (2016). "Corporate governance’ impact on research and development." Journal of Business Research, 69(6):2239-43.
- Cristan R, Aust WM, Bolding MC, Barrett SM, Munsell JF, Schilling E. (2016). "Effectiveness of forestry best management practices in the united states: Literature review." Forest Ecology and Management, 360:133-51.
- Fernandes G, Ward S, Araújo M. (2015). "Improving and embedding project management practice in organisations — a qualitative study." International Journal of Project Management, 33(5):1052-67.
- Hair, J. F., Black, C. W., Babin, B. J., Anderson, R. E., and Tatbam, R. L. (2006). Multivariate data analysis. New Jersey: Pearson Educations, Inc.
- Jo H, Song MH, Tsang A. (2016). "Corporate social responsibility and stakeholder governance around the world." Global Finance Journal, 29:42-69.
- Khan AS, Rasheed F. (2015). "Human resource management practices and project success, a moderating role of islamic work ethics in pakistani project-based organizations." International Journal of Project Management, 33(2):435-45.
- Kim J, Song HJ, Lee C-K. (2016). "Effects of corporate social responsibility and internal marketing on organizational commitment and turnover intentions." International Journal of Hospitality Management, 55:25-32.
- Martin G, Farndale E, Paauwe J, Stiles PG. (2016). "Corporate governance and strategic human resource management: Four archetypes and proposals for a new approach to corporate sustainability." European Management Journal, 34(1):22-35.
- Nunnally, Jum C. and Bernstein, Ira H. (1994). “Psychometric Theory”, New York : n.p.
- Nuttavong Poonpool. (2016). internal audit competency of the firms within Chemical products of Thailand: impacts on risk management efficiency and client acceptance. Journal of Humanities and Social Sciences Mahasarakham University. 35(2)
- Nuttavong Poonpool. (2016). Proactive profit planning of the firms within Export businesses of Thailand: impacts on forward integration and market effectiveness. Journal of Commerce-Burapha Review. 11(1)
- Osman I, Alwi SFS, Mokhtar I, Ali H, Setapa F, Muda R, et al. (2015). "Integrating institutional theory in determining corporate image of islamic banks." Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 211:560-7.
- Rahman NAA, Hassan S, Said J. (2015). "Promoting sustainability of microfinance via innovation risks, best practices and management accounting practices." Procedia Economics and Finance, 31:470-84.
- Shnayder L, van Rijnsoever FJ, Hekkert MP. (2016). "Motivations for corporate social responsibility in the packaged food industry: An institutional and stakeholder management perspective." Journal of Cleaner Production, 122:212-27.
- Vicente-Oliva S, Martínez-Sánchez Á, Berges-Muro L. (2015). "Research and development project management best practices and absorptive capacity: Empirical evidence from spanish firms." International Journal of Project Management, 33(8):1704-16.
- Xue S, Hong Y. (2016). "Earnings management, corporate governance and expense stickiness." China Journal of Accounting Research, 9(1):41-58.
- Wilkins S, Huisman J. (2014). "Corporate images' impact on consumers' product choices: The case of multinational foreign subsidiaries." Journal of Business Research, 67(10):2224-30.
- Zahra, S.A., R.D. Ireland, I. Gutierrez and M.A. Hitt, (2000). “Privatization and entrepreneurial transformation: Emerging issues and a future research agenda.” Academy of Management Review, 25 (3), 509–24